Contractor: Cranfold Physical Therapy Centre
- 2 days (including at least one evening) in Cranleigh
- 18 Saturday mornings a year in Cranleigh (3 blocks of 6 weeks)
- One session a week in Horsham (with scope for expansion)
Caseload comprises individual treatment sessions, and the planning and delivery of Clinical Pilates classes.
Working within their scope of practice and knowing when to refer appropriately, the post holder will work as part of the team in Cranfold, comprising Chartered Physiotherapists and Complementary Therapists.
The ideal post holder will be competent, calm and friendly, work well in a team and understand the importance of good customer service as well as excellence in clinical skills. He/She will remain up to date and work to the evidence base, interpreting this to the individual’s needs effectively.
- Treat appropriately individual patients in an evidence based manner as booked into your available diary time by reception
- Take Clinical Pilates classes for small groups (max 8 in Cranleigh: 10 in Horsham)
- Give 1:1 Pilates assessments and annual reviews of your class patients
- Inform Cranfold of your personal scope of professional practice and to keep Cranfold informed of any changes to this in order for appropriate appointments to be made.
- To maintain your CPD as relevant to that scope of practice
- To continuously strive to improve your service delivery to patients, and to contribute ideas to the overall improvement of the Practice service delivery. To contribute to clinical audit and governance.
- To arrive promptly and keep to time
- To deliver efficient, knowledgeable and appropriate treatment to effect optimal outcomes
- To refer on promptly to the appropriate practitioner where required
- To create, update and maintain your notes on TM2 Practice Management system. (Training given)
- To liaise closely with patients’ GPs where necessary
- Contribute to, enhance and actively promote the good reputation of Cranfold Physical Therapy Centre
- To liaise with other Cranfold Therapists and staff in a friendly and professional manner to the benefit of both the team and the service users
- Degree in Sports Therapy
- excellent hand on sports massage skills
- comfortable with independently diagnosing and treating soft tissue injuries (peer support available)
- APPI training to at least Matwork 1
- experience in taking Clinical Pilates classes and advantage, but further training will be given
This is a self employed subcontractor post, details to be discussed at interview. For guidance, the current post holder (leaving for maternity) takes home in excess of £21,000 per annum for 16 hours of clinical work a week.