CALEIGH IS CURRENTLY ON MATERNITY LEAVE, SO WE ARE CURRENTLY UNABLE TO OFFER THIS SERVICE (AUGUST 2023)
Women’s Health Physiotherapy with Caleigh Smith (MCSP & Pelvic Health Specialist)
Caleigh is a physiotherapist here at Cranfold who has specialist training in musculoskeletal Physiotherapy and Pelvic Health Physiotherapy. She has always been interested in the link between the two areas of physiotherapy and how pelvic floor dysfunction can impact musculoskeletal conditions, especially back pain and hip pain and how this can also influence return to normal function postnatally.
Alongside her work here at Cranfold, Caleigh also works in an NHS setting as a senior physiotherapist where she continues to develop her knowledge within both roles. She has attended courses with ‘The Mummy MOT’ gaining skills in pelvic floor assessment and has started a master’s in advanced physiotherapy at Brighton University.
Here at Cranfold we are passionate about improving care for women who are experiencing musculoskeletal pain during pregnancy, and in the postnatal period. We offer targeted post-natal rehabilitation including tummy muscle checks to help new Mums return to normal activities.
Common conditions we treat:
• Pelvic girdle pain – Pain felt at the front or back of the pelvis
• Musculoskeletal pain – Including back pain, neck pain, sciatica, hip pain
• Diastasis Recti– Abdominal muscle separation
We also assess and guide rehabilitation of the pelvic floor muscles to help with problems that are common, but not normal ante and postnatally. These include:
- Bladder problems including leaking with coughing, sneezing or exercise; not getting to the toilet on time, and needing to empty the bladder with increased frequency or urgency
- Bowel problems including leaks of faeces, a sudden urgency to pass a stool or constipation
- Pelvic organ prolapse, where the pelvic organs (bladder, womb and bowel) are leaning into the vagina or vaginal walls. The pelvic organs are supported by the pelvic floor muscles. Pelvic organ prolapse symptoms include dragging, heaviness or a bulge in the vagina.
All sessions are tailored and personalised to you as an individual. Once your Initial Assessment has been completed, a joint treatment plan will then be discussed based on the assessment findings.
If at any point you want to stop and do something else, you’re the boss!
What to expect:
- 60-minute Initial Appointment
- Private room
- Lots of talking and questions (some might be personal)
- Examination of movement and posture
- Pelvic floor examination (possible internal vaginal examination)
To book an appointment with Caleigh, click the link below or call us on 01483 267747.
(Appointments will take place in Cranleigh)